Vision & Mission
Freedom From Chains to Blockchain, Together we are impacting real change in Our Community & Our Culture by partnering with other non profit organizations to reduce the Wealth Gap, Digital Divide and Recidivism.
RJ McDowell is the Co-founder and CEO of Melanin E-Commerce Inc & Board Member for the RPAR Foundation. Mrs. McDowell is a Veteran of the United States Air Force and has more than 20 years of experience in both federal and commercial Acquisition & Contracting. Mrs. McDowell successfully led several large federal and commercial programs and contracts, including over a billion dollars in federal modernization programs, full-scope commercial outsourcing contracts, and large science and engineering programs. She has experience in several functional areas including acquisition life cycle management, program management, engineering solutions, financial management, cyber security, business development, research and analysis, strategic planning, and risk aversion.
In addition to her role as CEO of Melanin E Commerce Inc, Mrs. McDowell was also the CEO of Fully Executed Decision Strategies (FEDS) which was a government contracting firm that was founded in 2016. Mrs. McDowell held senior positions as Vice President of Operations and Contracts where she oversaw and participated in providing efficient, compliant, and responsive contract support to Federal Agencies.
Mrs. McDowell’s integral role was to ensure that the organization understands and manages risks in bids and awarded contracts. She has a deep knowledge of government compliant policies and procedures and excels in providing a value-added partnership to programs and departments. She anticipates contract related needs and communicates solutions to programs, to departments, and to company leadership. Mrs. McDowell currently leads and oversees the strategic direction of the Maryland based company, which leverages the talents of a global supplier base.
Marcus Beasley is the Co-founder and CFO of Melanin E-Commerce & Board Member for the RPAR Foundation. In this expanded role, Mr. Beasley supports Melanin E-Commerce’s & the RPAR Foundations annual strategic planning, coordinates financial planning and productivity improvement initiatives, and assists Melanin E-Commerce’s management in meeting strategic goals. Mr. Beasley is also responsible for the company’s internal audit and financial accounting activities.
Additionally, Mr. Beasley has oversight of the company’s vendor partnerships, supply chain, quality, and program management process teams. Mr. Beasley maintains oversight of the company’s financial performance, reporting, long-range business planning, treasury, controller organizations as well as sales strategies. Mr. Beasley also has executive responsibility for overseeing the company’s corporate audit function, which reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Prior to his current role, Mr. Beasley served as founder of financial planning and analysis and investor relations of Beasley Financial Group. He has held numerous financial leadership positions and has over 30 years of experience in both client service and financial planning.
Sherman C. Toppin is an experienced Attorney and Real Estate Broker. Mr. Toppin earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Virginia and received his Juris Doctor from the College of William & Mary School of Law. Mr. Toppin also earned a certificate from MIT Sloan School of Business for an Executive Program entitled, Blockchain Technologies: Business Innovations and Application. Mr. Toppin is admitted to the bars of Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Virginia, and can represent clients in both state and federal courts in these jurisdictions.
In academia, Mr. Toppin is frequently engaged as an instructor, presenter of real estate subjects. Mr. Toppin is currently a member of the Adjunct Faculty at Temple University Real Estate Institute, where he teaches Real Estate Law and licensure courses for brokers and agents. Mr. Toppin is also a faculty presenter with the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, where he has instructed a variety of continuing education subjects over the years.
In 2020, Toppin Law, P.C. launched a Technology practice group concentrating on transactions that involve the metaverse, blockchain and cryptocurrency. Mr. Toppin developed this practice group to help clients navigate changing technology and shifting business dynamics with representation and advice that not only keeps them up to date, but ahead of innovation.
Technology Training & Credentials
• Cryptocurrency & Blockchain: Intro to Digital Economies (Certificate 2020), University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business offered through Coursera
• Supply Chain Finance & Blockchain Technology (Certificate 2020), New York Institute of Finance offered through Coursera
• Certified Blockchain Expert (2019), Blockchain Council
• Certified Cryptocurrency Expert (2019), Blockchain Council
• Blockchain Business Foundations (Certificate 2019), Blockchain Training Alliance
• Blockchain: Understanding Its Uses and Implications (Certificate 2019), The Linux Foundation/edx
• EU GPDR Data Protection Officer Course (2019), Advisera eTraining
• FinTech: Foundations, Payments, and Regulations (Certificate 2019), University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business offered through Coursera
• Blockchain Principles (Certificate 2019), BlockGeeks
• ICO’s, STO’s and the Future of Tokenization (Certificate 2019), BlockGeeks
• Blockchain A-Z (Certificate 2019), Udemy
• Cryptocurrency Fundamentals (Certificate 2019), Udemy
• Blockchain and Bitcoin Fundamentals (Certificate 2019), Udemy• Blockchain Advanced Level: Uses Beyond Bitcoin (Certificate 2019), Udemy